Christmas is coming and an exciting, successful year 2019 is moving towards the end. On behalf of the entire Nautilus Marine Service team, we would like to thank you for your cooperation and trust.
We wish all customers, suppliers and partners a Merry Christmas, happy holidays and good start to the year 2020.
We look forward to further successful cooperation with you in 2020.
Please note that we will close our office from 24.12.2019 through 05.01.2020.
NAUTILUS MARINE SERVICE
WE ARE ...
- … a privately-owned German manufacturer and trading company.
- … a subsea developer of very high pressure resistant glass enclosures for instrument housings and buoyancy (VITROVEX).
- … a trading specialist for marine safety equipment and oceanographic/hydrographic products.
- … approx. 10 people committed to seeing our customers succeed.
- … working closely with regional partners around the world.
- … investing for the future; in people and technology.
- … continuously innovating to maintain our technical leadership
- … exporting 90% of our VITROVEX glass products to over 30 countries.
- … pursuing long term relationships with our clients, employees and partners.
WE ACT …
- … in accordance with the best interests of our clients.
- … for long-term viability and sustainability.
- … to contribute to our society.
- … based on optimism, fun, and to adopt a positive attitude towards our future.
WE CARE …
- … for details.
- … for high quality and the reliability of our products, services and processes.
- … for lessons learnt from mistakes, and failure only serves to make us stronger.
- … for criticism that concerns our work.
The selection of our name NAUTILUS MARINE SERVICE is not due to mere chance and has several references. The three landmark submarines – all named Nautilus, that were built by Robert Fulton in the year 1800, by the British Royal Navy in 1886, and the United States Navy in 1954, symbolize our ties with ocean exploration and pressure vessels.
Nautilus is also the name of the ship featured in the adventure novel “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea” by Jules Verne. This sub, created by the enigmatic commander Captain Nemo, was considered ahead of its time with its electrical propulsion and all kinds of gadgets to perform advanced marine biology research. It meets our aims to offer only the most advanced products in the field of oceanography and hydrography to our customers.
Last but not least there is the creature, Nautilus pompilius, which is the Latin name of a marine mollusc with a snail-like shell that lives in the sea. Like our VITROVEX glass products, the shell of the chambered Nautilus fulfils the function of buoyancy, which allows the Nautilus to dive or ascend at will, by controlling the density and volume of the liquid within its shell chambers – a principle that can still be found today incorporated into many deep-sea vehicles. Furthermore, the classic elegant contours of the Nautilus pompilius with its inherent beauty of the logarithmic spiral of the shell represents more than any other sea creature the humanly crafted perfect proportions of our VITROVEX glass products.
Nautilus Marine Service has a high degree of familiarity in Germany as trading specialist for marine safety equipment and oceanographic/hydrographic products, and abroad as a subsea developer of very high pressure resistant glass enclosures for instrument housings and buoyancy (VITROVEX).
Thanks to the many years of experience in the afore-mentioned business areas, Nautilus Marine Service stands for expertise and confidence in the products and services offered and has gained a broad national and international customer base including companies, institutions and individuals across the entire spectrum of the maritime industry. A selection of references for Germany is listed below.
- Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung
- Bundesanstalt für Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe (BGR)
- Zentrum für Marine Umweltwissenschaften (MARUM)
- Geo-Forschungszentrum Potsdam (GFZ)
- GKSS Forschungszentrum
- Senckenberg Institut
- Wasser- und Schifffahrtsverwaltung des Bundes (WSÄ, BSH, BAW)
- Reedereien (F.Laeisz, Briese Schiffahrt, RF, Scandlines, Aida)
- Bundes- und Kommunalbehörden (Bundesgrenzschutz, Zoll, Feuerwehr)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger (DGzRS)
- Deutsche Lebens-Rettungs-Gesellschaft (DLRG)
Nautilus Marine Service is closely associated with regional distributors around the world and exports over 90% of its VITROVEX glass products to more than 30 countries. All well-known marine research facilities (see below for a non-conclusive selection) are among these customers.
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography/UCSD
- National Geographic Society
- University of Rhode Island
- NOC Southampton
- Shanghai Ocean University
- Ocean University of China
- Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute (KORDI)
- National Taiwan Ocean University
- National Institute of Ocean Technology(NIOT)
- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC
- Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ)
- Bedford Institute of Oceanography
- Dalhousie University
- University of Victoria
The provision of excellent services in combination with the wide range and variability of products was honoured with the awarding of the Compass International Award 2015 by the Marine Technology Society.